Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival is a not-for-profit organization and North America's largest documentary festival, conference and market. Held in Toronto each spring, the Festival presents 180+ Canadian and international films to audiences exceeding 160,000. For documentary professionals, Hot Docs offers the Hot Docs Forum, its renowned international pitching event, as well as a full roster of conference sessions, market events and networking occasions. The 20th annual Hot Docs will take place April 25 - May 5, 2013.
Additionally, Hot Docs also operates the Bloor Cinema, a 700-seat, century-old screening venue in Toronto, and is the event organizer for the annual World Congress of Science and Factual Producers, an international, member-run industry event.
- Development Manager (Parental Leave Contract)
- Application Deadline:
- August 08, 2012
- September 03, 2012 - July 31, 2013
- Reports to:
- Managing Director
• Manage the complete grant cycle process, including writing complex, high quality grant applications and proposals, including: preparing budgets and other materials/documentation (reports, letters of intent, program briefs, etc.), managing the submission and follow-up.
• Work with the development team to identify new funding opportunities.
• Collaborate with all departments to identify, develop and implement projects/activities that will advance fundraising results.
• Assist in coordinating events, and donor activities.
• Initiate and maintain positive relationships with key partners and donors.
• Create, retain and grow a portfolio of foundation partnerships, including prospect identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
• Manage stewardship and fulfillment obligations public sector partners, foundations and donors in conjunction with Development Coordinator.
• All other reasonable duties as assigned and identified by the organization.
• 5 years experience working in not-for-profit fundraising, festival or event fundraising or other relevant professional experience
• Significant experience in writing successful grant proposals
• Individual giving experience an asset
• Working knowledge of the Canadian film and television industry
• Sound knowledge of fundraising theory and strategies
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to work independently and to respond efficiently to changing workflow needs
• Ability to work to tight timelines and in a time-pressured schedule
• Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Experience with Salesforce an asset
Please forward a cover letter and resume by Friday August 8. Interviews will be held the week of August 13.
Please send cover letter and resume via email to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Hot Docs wishes to thank all those that apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Hot Docs is an equal-opportunity employer.