Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival is a not-for-profit organization and North America's largest documentary festival, conference and market. Held in Toronto each spring, the Festival presents 180+ Canadian and international films to audiences exceeding 160,000. For documentary professionals, Hot Docs offers the Hot Docs Forum, its renowned international pitching event, as well as a full roster of conference sessions, market events and networking occasions. The 20th annual Hot Docs will take place April 25 - May 5, 2013.
Additionally, Hot Docs also operates the Bloor Cinema, a 700-seat, century-old screening venue in Toronto, and is the event organizer for the annual World Congress of Science and Factual Producers, an international, member-run industry event.
- Development Research Intern
- Application Deadline:
- July 06, 2012
- July 16, 2012 - September 14, 2012
- Reports to:
- Director, Sponsorship Marketing
The Development Research Intern will be working along-side the Sponsorship and Development team.
Hot Docs is seeking an intern to assist in research and outreach to develop a strategy around developing the historic Bloor Hot Docs Cinema as an event venue. The Development Research Internship provides a learning experience during which the intern will actively participate in planning, research and outreach to corporate clients and event planning professionals. During this internship you will have an opportunity to gain experience in the field and enhance your skills while working under the direction of professional mentors. This is a great opportunity for you to gain invaluable experience with a vibrant and growing professional organization!
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Assist with all aspects of creating a research strategy and database of local event planning companies, suppliers, and corporate event planners across various industries (e.g. media, professional, publishing);
• Liaise with Communications department (to relay information for the writing and distribution of press releases, media advisories, and other internal and external communication material for promotion of the Bloor Hot Docs Cinema as an events venue (this includes copy for newsletters, website, flyers, brochures);
• Communicate regularly with Hot Docs staff on the status of the tasks assigned;
• Ability to work at least 10-15 hours per week in the Hot Docs office for a 1 to 2 month period.
QUALIFICATIONS / INTERESTS
We are seeking a dynamic, committed young person who is:
• Organized with an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Creative and a good problem solver;
• Interested and/or has some background in the arts and culture field;
• Interested and/or has some background in Event Planning, Public Relations, or related fields;
• A strong oral and written communicator;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
• Knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) would be helpful.
Start date: mid-July, 2012
Work schedule: 2 days/week (which days are flexible) for a 1-2 months commitment
THIS POSITION IS UNPAID, however we can offer benefits to you at the Bloor Hot Docs Cinema and at Hot Docs 2013. We are willing to work with a university or college to arrange academic credit.
Please send your resume, cover letter and (2) references indicating “Development Research Intern” in the subject by e-mail or in person to:
Joe Liu, Sponsorship Specialist
110 Spadina Ave. Suite 333
Toronto, ON M5V 2K4
Application deadline closes at 5 pm on Friday, July 6, 2012.
Hot Docs wishes to thank all those that apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Hot Docs is an equal-opportunity employer.