Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival is a not-for-profit organization and North America's largest documentary festival, conference and market. Held in Toronto each spring, the Festival presents 180+ Canadian and international films to audiences exceeding 160,000. For documentary professionals, Hot Docs offers the Hot Docs Forum, its renowned international pitching event, as well as a full roster of conference sessions, market events and networking occasions. The 20th annual Hot Docs will take place April 25 - May 5, 2013.
Additionally, Hot Docs also operates the Bloor Cinema, a 700-seat, century-old screening venue in Toronto, and is the event organizer for the annual World Congress of Science and Factual Producers, an international, member-run industry event.
- Publicity and Promotions Coordinator
- Application Deadline:
- July 18, 2012
- August 06, 2012 - May 31, 2013
- Reports to:
- Communications Director
The publicity and promotions coordinator will work closely with communications staff, the director of communications, and Hot Docs publicity firm, V Kelly and Associates, to actively promote film and industry programming and initiatives to the media, public audiences and industry stakeholders.
Specifically, the publicity and promotions coordinator will:
• Write all press releases, media advisories and alerts for Hot Docs, the World Congress of Science and Factual Producers and the Bloor Hot Docs Cinema;
• Act as primary staff contact and support for V Kelly & Associates;
• Respond to general media inquiries;
• Oversee the Festival’s media accreditation process and media desk services in conjunction with V Kelly & Associates;
• Assist in managing Hot Docs social media communications, including Facebook and Twitter posts;
• Coordinate co-presentations and promotional contesting, and perform audience outreach for Bloor Hot Docs Cinema and Doc Soup series selections;
• Conduct outreach in support of Hot Docs industry initiatives (e.g. production funds, film and project submissions, crowd-funding campaigns, etc.);
• Conduct industry outreach in support of World Congress of Science and Factual Producers activities;
• Assist in editing copy for website and other electronic communications;
• Editing and proofreading materials, as required.
General tasks include: assisting the director of communications as needed; fielding questions and phone calls; and responding to daily tasks as they arise.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills with a keen grasp of grammar and spelling.
• Experience managing social media networks.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Organization, planning and an attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
Please forward a cover letter and resume by Wednesday, July 18. Interviews will be held the week of July 23, 2012.
Attn: Jonathan Da Silva, Communications Director
Re: Publicity and Promotions Coordinator
110 Spadina Avenue Suite 333
No phone calls please.
Hot Docs wishes to thank all those that apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Hot Docs is an equal-opportunity employer.