Become a Volunteer
Already a Hot Docs volunteer? Log in HERE
Upcoming Event: Volunteer in Culture
Interested in new and exciting volunteer opportunities in Toronto? Join us on Saturday, March 14, to learn about volunteer opportunities in the culture sector. Participating organizations include:
- Hot Docs
- Inside Out!
- Jane’s Walk Toronto
- Scarborough Film Festival
- Toronto Fringe Festival
Event includes presentations and a volunteer marketplace, plus attendees can stay for a FREE screening! RSVP HERE
Date: Saturday, March 14
Location: Bloor Hot Docs Cinema (506 Bloor Street West)
Doors Open: 10:30 AM
Event: 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
We want to hear from you! Please take a minute to tell us your previous volunteer experiences. Take the survey!
Complete the survey by 5:00 p.m. on March 30, for a change to win some incredible prizes: a 10-Pack for Hot Docs 2015, tickets for the Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, a VIP 6-Pack for Toronto Fringe Festival 2015, or an online Crash Course from WorkInCuture.
Volunteer for Hot Docs
Volunteers are essential for the smooth operation of the Hot Docs Festival and our year-round activities, like the Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, Doc Soup, and special events. Hot Docs depends on the skills of a committed group of volunteers to fill various positions. We strive for a friendly team atmosphere, and the Hot Docs staff, some of whom started out as volunteers, are quick to provide support and show their gratitude for the efforts of our volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering with Hot Docs, please fill out our VOLUNTEER FORM.
After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation email with next steps, timelines and contact information. You’ll also be added to our email list so we can inform you about year-round volunteering opportunities and Hot Docs 2015 orientation sessions.
In return for your time and dedication, Hot Docs offers its volunteers:
- The opportunity to contribute their skills and gain valuable experience and knowledge through participation in the largest documentary film festival in North America;
- The opportunity to contribute to Toronto’s vibrant cultural community;
- The chance to work in a high-energy environment featuring documentary filmmakers and industry professionals;
- The opportunity to meet and become part of a growing network of filmmakers, students, film lovers, and engaged community leaders;
- Access to Hot Docs, Doc Soup, and The Bloor Hot Docs Cinema screenings and events;
- Acknowledgement as a valuable team member.
Further questions about volunteering at Hot Docs can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hot Docs Volunteer program is generously supported by Scotiabank