Become a Volunteer
Already a Hot Docs volunteer? Log in HERE
We are no longer accepting volunteer applications for Hot Docs 2015.
Thank you to all the volunteers who have donated their time and energy to the 2015 Festival. If you are interested in volunteering for Hot Docs 2016, please check back mid-September.
What Do Volunteers Do at Hot Docs
Volunteers are essential for the smooth operation of the Hot Docs Festival and our year-round activities, like the Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, Doc Soup, and special events. Hot Docs depends on the skills of a committed group of volunteers to fill various positions. We strive for a friendly team atmosphere, and the Hot Docs staff, some of whom started out as volunteers, are quick to provide support and show their gratitude for the efforts of our volunteers.
In return for your time and dedication, Hot Docs offers its volunteers:
- The opportunity to contribute their skills and gain valuable experience and knowledge through participation in the largest documentary film festival in North America;
- The opportunity to contribute to Toronto’s vibrant cultural community;
- The chance to work in a high-energy environment featuring documentary filmmakers and industry professionals;
- The opportunity to meet and become part of a growing network of filmmakers, students, film lovers, and engaged community leaders;
- Access to Hot Docs, Doc Soup, and The Bloor Hot Docs Cinema screenings and events;
- Acknowledgement as a valuable team member.
Further questions about volunteering at Hot Docs can be directed to email@example.com
The Hot Docs Volunteer program is generously supported by Scotiabank