Become a Volunteer
Volunteers are essential for the smooth operation of the Hot Docs Festival and our year-round activities, including The Bloor Hot Docs Cinema, Doc Soup, and our various special events and screenings. Hot Docs depends on the skills of a committed group of volunteers to fill various positions. We strive for a friendly team atmosphere, and the Hot Docs staff, some of whom started out as volunteers, are quick to provide support and show their gratitude for the efforts of our volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering with Hot Docs, please fill out our online VOLUNTEER FORM.
Already a Hot Docs volunteer? Click here to log in to the volunteer portal.
About Volunteering for Hot Docs
In return for your time and dedication, Hot Docs offers its volunteers:
- The opportunity to contribute their skills and gain valuable experience and knowledge through participation in the largest documentary film festival in North America;
- The opportunity to contribute to Toronto’s vibrant cultural community;
- The chance to work in a high-energy environment featuring documentary filmmakers and industry professionals;
- The opportunity to meet and become part of a growing network of filmmakers, students, film lovers, and engaged community leaders;
- Access to Hot Docs, Doc Soup, and The Bloor Hot Docs Cinema screenings and events;
- Acknowledgement as a valuable team member.
Apply to Volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete our online VOLUNTEER FORM.
Once you’ve submitted the form, you’ll get a confirmation email outlining next steps, timelines and contact information for direct inquiries. You’ll also be added to our email list so you can be informed of year-round volunteering opportunities and information about orientation sessions for Hot Docs 2014, April 24 - May 4.
Further questions about volunteering at Hot Docs can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hot Docs Volunteer program is generously supported by Scotiabank