Finished, nearly finished and rough cut films can solidify their future at Distribution Rendezvous through pre-arranged, one-on-one meetings with distributors, sales agents and festival programmers. Continue the conversation during an exclusive mingle for participating delegates and decision makers.
2014 Applications Now Closed
Pass Level Required: Conference and Networking Pass, All-Access Pass
Distribution Rendezvous Format
Producers can apply with their rough-cut or finished projects. Producers must be registered with a Conference and Networking Pass or an All-Access Pass prior to applying.
The online application form will allow producers to provide detailed project information, as well as a link to a trailer and a rough cut or longer piece of assembly. Producers will also be able to request meetings with specific participating distributors, sales agents and festival programmers. A preliminary list of participating decision makers is now available, and will be updated as more decision makers confirm. View the list.
Project information will be forwarded to producers’ requested decision makers. In special situations, the Hot Docs Industry Programs Department will further match-make projects with specific decision makers who have unique needs and criteria. Decision makers will review meeting requests and accept those that are most appropriate to their mandates. Not all projects will secure meetings.
Hot Docs will confirm successful meeting requests with applicants prior to the opening of the Festival.
Meetings will occur within a two-hour session during Hot Docs Conference and Market week. Each meeting is 15 minutes in duration. Participating decision makers can potentially have a maximum of eight meetings during Distribution Rendezvous.
A mix and mingle will follow to allow for further conversation and networking!
When: Tuesday, April 29
9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Applications are now closed.
Applications are open to delegates registered with a Conference and Networking Pass or an All-Access Pass. There is no additional fee to participate.
Projects must be in a rough-cut or complete stage.
You will be required to provide footage, trailer and a rough/complete film.
Applicants may apply with projects in any genre of documentary or factual.
We accept projects from all countries and territories.
You can apply with up to TWO projects.
Projects that have an international appeal and would suit theatrical, broadcast or educational audiences are encouraged to apply.
Distribution Rendezvous welcomes:
- Feature-length docs
- Television docs
- Interactive work
- Cross-platform media
How to Apply
Information required in the application form is:
- Personal Contact Information
- Previous Credits (Optional)
Along with the following project information:
- Working title
- Estimated length (in minutes)
- Country of production
- Estimated budget
- Confirmed financing
- “I am looking for: the following funding opportunities”
- Genre of project
- In which territories is your film NOT available? (Only fill out if applicable.)
- One-line description
- One-page synopsis
You are required to provide a link to a trailer and rough cut/footage that can be streamed online. Please include:
- Trailer URL & password
- Rough Cut URL & password
Terms and Conditions
- All producers must be registered with a Hot Docs Conference and Networking Pass or All-Access Pass to apply for and participate in Distribution Rendezvous. If additional project team members are to attend the meeting, they must also be registered with one of these pass types.
- The scheduling of meetings is at the discretion of the Hot Docs Industry Programs Department.
- If your application for meetings is unsuccessful, feedback on your project is not guaranteed.
- Hot Docs Industry Programs Department reserves the right to change the guidelines or processes for Distribution Rendezvous at any time and without notification.
- Hot Docs Industry Programs Department will not take rights or liabilities in projects selected.
Your application and/or participation in Distribution Rendezvous implies unconditional acceptance of these guidelines.
Sponsored by Supported by
Hot Docs Forum and Market Presenting Partner
- Questions? Contact Industry Programs Coordinator James Battiston