Finished, nearly finished and rough cut films can solidify their future at Distribution Rendezvous, a series of pre-arranged, one-on-one meetings with distributors, sales agents and festival programmers. Continue the conversation during an exclusive mingle for participating delegates and decision-makers.
Pass Level Required: Conference and Networking Pass, All-Access Pass
Distribution Rendezvous Format
Producers can apply with their rough-cut or finished projects. Producers must be registered with a Conference and Networking Pass or an All-Access Pass prior to applying.
The online application form will allow producers to provide detailed project information and link to a rough cut or longer piece of assembly. Producers will also be able to request meetings with specific participating distributors, sales agents and festival programmers. A preliminary list of participating buyers will be available once applications open, and a complete list will be available in mid-March.
Project information will be forwarded to producers’ requested buyers. In special situations, the Hot Docs Industry Programs Department will further match-make projects with specific buyers who have unique needs and criteria. Buyers will review meeting requests and accept those that are most appropriate to their mandates. Not all projects will secure meetings.
Hot Docs will confirm successful meeting requests with applicants prior to the opening of the Festival.
Meetings will occur within a two-hour session during Hot Docs Conference and Market week. Each meeting is 15 minutes in duration. Participating buyers can potentially have a maximum of eight meetings during Distribution Rendezvous.
A mix n’ mingle will follow to allow for further conversation and networking!
Terms and Conditions
- All producers must be registered with a Hot Docs Conference and Networking Pass to apply for and participate in Distribution Rendezvous. If additional project team members are to attend meeting, they must also be registered with one of these pass types.
- The scheduling of meetings is at the discretion of the Hot Docs Industry Programs Department.
- If your application for meetings is unsuccessful, feedback on your project is not guaranteed.
- Hot Docs Industry Programs Department reserve the right to change the guidelines or processes for Distribution Rendezvous at any time and without notification.
- Hot Docs Industry Programs Department will not take rights or liabilities in projects selected.
Your application and/or participation in Distribution Rendezvous implies unconditional acceptance of these guidelines.
The Hot Docs Forum is presented in partnership with founding partner Telefilm Canada. Additional support is provided by the Ontario Media Development Corporation and and Bell Broadcast & New Media Fund.
- Questions? Contact Industry Programs Coordinator Dorota Lech