Hot Docs Deal Maker
Hot Docs Deal Maker is a new one-on-one pitch-meeting program for producers seeking financing from the international marketplace. Hot Docs Deal Maker will select 50 of the most compelling projects submitted for these valuable meetings with key decision-makers, commissioning editors and other film financers, as well as substantial online profile and promotion.
Pass Level Required: All-Access Pass
Hot Docs Deal Maker Format
Hot Docs Deal Maker will select approximately 50 projects from those submitted based on:
- Exceptionally compelling, exclusive and illuminating material
- Brilliant storytelling
- Creative and exemplary craft
- Commercial and international appeal
- Suitability for decision-makers’ mandates and key requirements, and relevance to broadcast channels and slots
All selected projects will be featured online. A downloadable PDF of the Deal Maker Project Catalogue will also be available to All-Access Pass holders.
Producers with selected projects can request meetings with participating decision-makers. Hot Docs Deal Maker will also further match projects with decision-makers. Buyers will review meeting request and accept those that are most appropriate to their mandates.
Deal Maker meetings will take place during the Hot Docs’ conference and market. Decision-makers will commit to allocated blocks of time over three days during which a series of 15-minute pitch meetings will be scheduled.
Terms and Conditions
- All producers and other pitch-team members representing selected projects at Deal Maker meetings must be registered with Hot Docs All-Access Passes. If a pitch-team member is not registered with an All-Access Pass, s/he will not be able to participate.
- Hot Docs accepts no liability for project inaccuracies in the Deal Maker Project Catalogue or other published material.
- The scheduling of meetings is at the discretion of the Hot Docs Industry Programs Department.
- If your application is successful, you agree to attend Hot Docs 2013 for the duration of Hot Docs Deal Maker. Failure to do so may result in your project being withdrawn.
- The decision of the Deal Maker Selection Committee is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding decisions. Feedback is not guaranteed for unsuccessful applicants.
- Hot Docs Industry Programs Department reserves the right to change the guidelines or processes at any time and without notification.
- Hot Docs Industry Programs Department will not take rights or liabilities in selected projects.
- Projects participating in Hot Docs Deal Maker are required to acknowledge the program’s support through the placement of Hot Docs’ logo in the project’s final credits.
- Application to, and participation in, Hot Docs Deal Maker implies unconditional acceptance of these guidelines.
Hot Docs Deal Maker is generously sponsored by Realscreen. Additional support is provided by Telefilm Canada and the Ontario Media Development Corporation.
- Questions? Contact Deal Maker Chloe Sosa-Sims