Each year Hot Docs is pleased to host a number of official delegations at the Festival. The delegations, each made up of established producers and broadcasters working in social, cultural and political documentary genres, partake in the wealth of networking opportunities, market events and conference sessions offered.
Official delegations also network with other delegates through special events and receptions, and through International Co-Production Day, an event at which delegation members are featured participants. Members of international delegations receive an All-Access Pass to Hot Docs and the Hot Docs Forum, our two-day pitch session regarded as the most effective international documentary market in North America, featuring an impressive roster of attending buyers.
At the 2013 Festival, Hot Docs will host the following official delegations:
- China, delegation led by iDocs
- Germany, delegation led by AG DOK
- Japan, led by Tokyo Television Forum
- Nigeria, delegation led by Jimoh Aliu International Nigeria Limited
- Nordic Region, delegation led by Filmkontakt Nord
- Poland, delegation led by the Krakow Film Foundation with support from the Polish Film Institute
- Russia, delegation led by Russian Documentary Guild
- South Africa, delegation led by the Documentary Filmmakers Association and the National Film and Video Foundation and sponsored by the Department of Trade and Industry
- USA, delegation led by IFP
INTERNATIONAL CO-PRODUCTION DAY MEETINGS
New this year, delegation members can meet with potential co-producers from Canada and other countries in tailored, pre-arranged meetings. Target one-on-one meetings with international colleagues at this tailored speed-meeting event. Open to registered delegates beginning in March.
In addition to Hot Docs accreditation, including access to screenings, industry services and social events, delegations received the following benefits:
- Discounted registration fees with 25% off the regular price
- Fast-tracked, guaranteed admission to the Hot Docs Forum
- Participation in International Co-Production Day one-on-one meetings
- Invitation to International Co-Production Day networking cocktail and luncheon
- Opportunity to apply to Distribution Rendezvous and new Hot Docs Deal Maker one-on-one pitch meeting services
- Option to include promotional materials in delegate bags
- Advance Hot Docs eBulletin announcement of delegation
- Free project submissions to The Festival Doc Shop, plus a featured index of films from delegation territory
- Assistance negotiating group hotel rates and booking
- Assistance organizing networking reception/event hosted by the delegation during Hot Docs
For more information on arranging an official delegation, please contact industry programs manager Stephanie McArthur.
International Co-Production Day is generously sponsored by Ontario Media Development Corporation, Blue Ice Group and C21
- Questions? Contact industry programs manager Stephanie McArthur