Shaw Media-Hot Docs Completion Fund
The Shaw Media-Hot Docs Completion Fund is a grant program that will provide financial support of up to $100,000 (limited to a maximum of 20% of a project’s budget) for production companies to complete specific projects. The Completion Fund is open to producers who have attracted demonstrated market interest in their documentaries. The Completion Fund is expected to support on average six to nine projects per year.
The objectives of the Completion Fund are:
- To provide financial support to independent Canadian documentary filmmakers and producers;
- To increase the quality and quantity of social, cultural and political documentaries produced by Canadian production companies;
- To ensure that the Shaw Media-Hot Docs’ Funds have the maximum positive impact on the independent documentary production community in Canada;
- To nurture Canadian talent, give voice to diverse points of view and help Canadian documentaries reach wider audiences in Canada and in the international marketplace; and
- To assist Canadian production companies and/or producers at the completion stage where a promising documentary may require a boost in financing to complete and deliver the film to its best advantage.
Applications for the Spring 2013 round of funding are now closed.