Shaw Media-Hot Docs Development Fund
The Shaw Media-Hot Docs Development Fund is a loan program designed to help producers get specific projects developed, researched, written and/or packaged and ready for market. The Fund will provide no-interest loans averaging between $10,000 - $15,000 in the early development stage, when projects are at the highest risk and may have not yet secured a market partner. The Development Fund is expected to support on average 10 to 12 projects per year.
The objectives of the Development Fund are:
- To provide financial support to independent Canadian documentary filmmakers and producers;
- To increase the quality and quantity of social, cultural and political documentaries produced by Canadian production companies;
- To ensure that the Shaw Media-Hot Docs’ Documentary Funds have the maximum positive impact on the independent documentary production community in Canada;
- To nurture Canadian talent, give voice to diverse points of view and help Canadian documentaries reach wider audiences in Canada and in the international marketplace; and
- To assist Canadian production companies and/or producers at the early development stages of their projects where the financial risk is highest and there may not yet be a market partner.
Applications are closed.