Corus Diverse Voices Scholarship
In recognition of Canada 150, emerging filmmakers from Canada’s rich and diverse multicultural backgrounds are invited to develop short documentaries that share unique perspectives about what Canada means to our next generation of documentary storytellers.
Four to six emerging Canadian filmmakers will develop short films on the theme of “Our Canada.” Filmmakers are invited to apply with a story of a person, place or thing in their community that exemplifies what Canada means to them.
Selected filmmakers will take part in an intensive Festival-based curriculum comprised of a private development lab alongside attendance at Hot Docs conference and market events. The program will focus skills training and career advancement with a goal towards completing development on a short documentary. At the end of the program developed proposals will be presented to Corus for review.
(Sioux Lookout, Ontario)
- Hot Docs All-Access Pass ($800 value), with access to the Hot Docs Forum, screenings, social events and conference sessions
- Private intensive development lab to develop and refine a short documentary project on the theme of “Our Canada”
- A customized Hot Docs conference itinerary
- Access to the Hot Docs Online Community for one year
- One Hot Docs Program Guide, Industry Guide and delegate bag
- Free travel to and accommodation while in Toronto
- Mentorship and work training opportunities
Festival and Lab
On April 29 and 30, fellows will participate in a two-day private development lab during the 2017 Hot Docs Festival. During this lab, fellows will hear from a variety of industry experts and will engage in hands-on workshops and activities to refine and develop their short film proposals. Fellows will then participate in the 2017 Hot Docs conference week attending the Hot Docs Forum, industry panels and sessions, networking events and screenings.
In partnership with
Additional support provided by Bell Fund.