Each year Hot Docs hosts a number of official delegations from around the world and facilitates valuable promotional and networking opportunities for these established producers and broadcasters.
During the 2017 Festival, Hot Docs will host 12 official delegations from:
- British Columbia, Canada, led by Creative BC, DOC BC and CMPA BC
- Chile, led by ChileDoc with support from Chilean National Council for Culture
- China, led by Beijing Documentary Development Association
- Germany, led by AG DOK
- Italy, led by the Italian Trade Commission
- Japan, led by Tokyo Docs
- The Nordic Region, led by Nordisk Panorama
- Nova Scotia, Canada, led by Lunenburg Doc Fest
- Northern Ireland, led by Northern Ireland Screen
- Scotland, led by Scottish Documentary Institute with support from Creative Scotland
- USA, led by IFP
In addition to partaking in the professional development sessions, market events and services Hot Docs provides, the delegations will be available to network with fellow delegates throughout the Festival at specially scheduled parties and receptions, and as accredited participants in the Hot Docs Forum, on Tuesday, May 2 and Wednesday, May 3.
For more information, please contact industry programs manager Stephanie McArthur.