The Doc Shop Online
“I want to thank you for including my film in the Doc Shop…we were contacted by a sales agent and have made our first sale with many others pending. It wouldn’t have happened without DOC SHOP! Thank you for being so supportive to filmmakers.”
- Natalie Picoe, filmmaker
Visit The Doc Shop Online to request a log-in and become a member.
Submissions to The Doc Shop 2013 are now closed.
The Doc Shop Online provides registered buyers, distributors, sales agents and festival programmers with year-round access to The Doc Shop after Hot Docs closes.
For registered buyers, The Doc Shop Online offers:
- Efficient on-demand viewing, as all films are digitized and streaming
- Better record-keeping, as easily generated personalized viewing and history reports can be printed or emailed
- Fast searching, as buyers can more easily find content that matches their acquisition profiles
- Direct deal-making, as buyers can immediately initiate contact with filmmakers or producers
With its user-friendly search and browse options, The Doc Shop Online helps you easily discover new documentaries from all over the world that best suit your needs. Users can also generate their own printable or e-mailable play lists on which they can add comments for filmmakers and personal viewing notes.
Filmmakers, producers, distributors and sales agents can reap the rewards of having films in the Doc Shop onsite and/or online with:
- Leads and intelligence on potential buyers, as detailed reports on who has viewed their films and their level of interest are easily generated
- A direct link to our members, as the Online Doc Shop already has over 600 members waiting to view your film
- Weekly email alerts, let you know how many times your film has been viewed
The Doc Shop is presented in partnership with founding partner the Ontario Media Development Corporation and presenting partner Telefilm Canada. Additional support is provided by the City of Toronto, ecentricarts inc., Quest Rentals and Catharsis Managed IT Ltd.